utorak, 13 novembar 2018 16:11

About Rotary Club Of Sombor

Rotary Club Sombor was registered in November 1998 as a civilian club. It became a full member of Rotary International on August 27th  1999, and was chartered on April 15th 2000.

That in fact is a continuation of the course set in the 1930's by Rotarians in Sombor. Due to resistance of the local political elite, however, it was only on August 19th 1937 that the founding assembly of seventeen town notables was held. Dr Milenko Petrovic, director of State Hospital, was elected first chairman. Exactly a month later, the Club was inaugurated at the Sloboda Hotel, where on October 30th 1937 it was granted a charter and thus internationally acknowledged.

After the outbreak of World War II, the Club called a halt to its activities, which state of affairs extended to the late 1990's. But ever since its foundation, members of the Club have been initiating and realizing a number of actions for common good.